Online AL State Divorce Code
Alabama State Code - Title 30 Marital and Domestic Relations: You can read the full text of the related rules by clicking on the link above and scrolling to the section noted.
- Residency requirement if defendant is a nonresident - Section 30-2-5
- Where the divorce complaint should be filed - Section 30-2-4
- Accepted Grounds and Jurisdiction - Section 30-2-1
- Legal separation - Section 30-2-40
- Conversion from Separation to Divorce - Section 30-2-2
- Wife's Property Prior to Marriage - Section 30-4-1
- Property, Alimony, and retirement accounts - Section 30-2-51
- Allowance for Misconduct - Section 30-2-52
- Right to Remarry - Section 30-2-8
- Use of Husband's Name after Divorce - Section 30-2-11
- Custody and Support of Children - Chapter 3
- Child support laws: In making a determination of child support, the court shall apply Rule 32 of the Alabama Rules of Judicial Administration.